Xbox Series X will have the largest line-up for a console launch. Most importantly, the recent Xbox Games Showcase brought many games to attention for the Xbox Series X launch.
Recently, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella claimed, there will be a vast variety of content to cater to the players’ wishes. Moreover, Microsoft is overseeing the development of a huge collection of games. The studio is keeping the Xbox Ecosystem in mind. Therefore, these games will not only benefit Xbox Series X; but will enhance the gaming experience for PC and Xbox One players too. Furthermore, as the console supports backwards compatibility, many popular titles will be available for players at the beginning.
Great Titles Incoming
The recent Xbox Games Showcase displayed lots of exclusives and highlights to preview what the upcoming generation has to offer. Conversely, many significant studios appeared to contribute to the launch line-up. Here is a list to look at what some of the highlight games are:
- Halo Infinite (343 Industries) – Set 160 days after humankind lost the war, Master Chief will fight to get things back in order. The release date is 2020 for Xbox Ecosystem (including Xbox One and Windows)
- Fable (Playground Games) – The developers of Forza (yes, the racing game), will add the next chapter to the Fable saga. Yet, there isn’t much information to cherish, neither a release date. All we know is the game will be an Xbox Ecosystem exclusive. Last year, there were rumours that the game might take place in a setting in which Albion is gone.
- Avowed (Obsidian Entertainment) – First of all, the game takes place in the same universe as Pillars of Eternity: Eora. However, there isn’t much to tell yet.
- STALKER 2 (GSC Gameworld) – The legendary post-apocalyptic game returns. Moreover, the game will be exclusive for Xbox at first (then might release for other platforms). The game will take place after a second reactor explosion took place in 2006. Players will face greater challenges in “The Zone”, which the developer claims what STALKER is always about.
- Crossfire X (Remedy) – This game is actually a free-to-play shooter. However, Remedy will develop a single-player campaign, only for Xbox. The campaign will be available to those who purchase the premium battle pass as well. The release date is sometime in 2020.
- Psychonauts 2 (Double Fine Productions) – The legendary adventure game of Tim Schaefer will return for Xbox. Additionally, it contains a title song, performed by Jack Black. The voicing cast is also full of celebrities. Unfortunately, there is no release date yet.